Assessor / Tax Collector
The goal of the Assessor's Office is to ensure fairness and equity of all real and personal property, equitable interpretation of and compliance of statutory laws as mandated by the State of Oregon while providing quality public service.
The Assessor's Office:
- Prepares, maintains and provides maps including subdivision, partitioning and code identification and information on property locations, descriptions and ownership on all taxable and exempt property.
- Inventories all property including quality, quantity, and important characteristics.
- Estimates the market value of each taxable property.
- Manages special programs such as farm and forest assessments, veterans' exemptions, senior/disabled deferrals, and all exemption programs.
- Administers all Special Assessment Statutes that pertain to certain classes of property.
- Reviews and prepares property review requests, appeals, and explains the assessment process used.
- Prepares the assessment roll.
Property Tax System
Oregon's property tax system has become more complex since the passage of Measure 5 and Measure 50, which now extend, impose, and set a tax based on each property. Statutes require this office to value Real Market Value as of January 1st, calculate Measure 5 and Measure 50 values, while extending special assessments or exemptions programs to complying properties.
Tax Lot Location
Maps of property tax lots can be located by township, range and section from the Grant County Surveyor's Website.