- Departments A-H
- Assessor / Tax Collector
- Tax Statement Information
property Tax Statement information
property tax statements and payments:
To receive a discount, payments MUST be delivered, U.S. postmarked, or transmitted by private express carrier on or before November 15. Returned checks may cause a loss of the discount.
To receive any applicable discount you MUST make:
- Full Payment - Receive a three percent (3%) discount on the amount of current year tax, as shown on your tax statement, if full payment is delivered , U.S. postmarked, or transmitted by private express carrier by November 15th.
- Two-thirds Payment - Receive a two percent (2%) discount on the amount of current year tax paid, as shown on your tax statement, if two-thirds payment is delivered, U.S. postmarked, or transmitted by private express carrier by November 15th. Pay the final one-third (with no discount) by May 15th to avoid interest charges.
- One-third Payment - No discount allowed. Pay one-third by November 15th, followed by another one-third payment by February 15th. Pay the final one-third balance by May 15th.
Interest is charged at a rate of 1.333% monthly, 16% annually. Interest is accrued on past due installment payment accordingly:
- First one-third installment payment, interest begins accruing on December 16th.
- Second one-third installment payment, interest begins accruing February 16th.
- Remaining on-third payment, interest begins accruing on May 16th.
If the 15th falls on a weekend or legal holiday, the due date will be extended to the next business day.
A Green statement indicates that no lender has requested information and the property owner is responsible for paying the bill.
A Yellow statement indicates our records indicate a lender has requested your information and will likely be making your payment.*
*Taxpayers are urged to check with their mortgage company if they believe their current arrangement is not reflected by the color of the tax statement. This has been an area of confusion in the past years.
Payments may be made at the Tax Collector's Office located at:
Grant County Courthouse
201 S Humbolt St
Canyon City, OR 97820
Payments can also be mailed and postmarked no later than the due date to:
P.O. Box 10
Canyon City, OR 97820