The Grant County Juvenile Department protects the public by reducing delinquency and restores victims and the community by holding youth accountable. We create opportunities for change through swift and decisive use of effective practices, building on the strengths of youth and families. We value:
- Excellence - The commitment to providing the highest quality of services to youth, families, and the community. It is the embodiment of professionalism through high standards, compassion, and staff development.
- Integrity - The consistent adherence to our professional and ethical standards with responsible stewardship of public resources.
- Teamwork - Thoughtful communication, collaboration, and coordination in pursuit of common goals with respect for differences while valuing all contributions.
Our guiding principles are to:
- Collaborate with schools, law enforcement, and our other community partners
- Provide stewardship of public resources and effectively utilize cost effective measures and program evaluation
- Provide fair and equitable treatment that includes families in decision making and embraces impartial practices
- Provide logical consequences that address youth behaviors and teach skill development
- Incorporate effective practices into our work with youth and families, including assessments and individual case plans based on youth risk and needs
- Honor victims' rights and interests throughout all phases of the justice system and provide opportunities for youth to repair harm to victims and communities
- Honor diversity and treat all persons with respect
- Involve youth, families, and partners in creating an effective and responsive department by seeking and responding to feedback
- Foster open communication and team work in a supportive work environment
- Demonstrate ethical and honest behavior in all that we do
- Strive to be innovative leaders in the field of juvenile justice